Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Forever – is composed of Nows


I love my new book cover! My daughter made it. 

I also have a website in the works. Here are some of the graphics. My son is making it.






I'm feeling blessed. 
Even though I'm sad.
My friend died yesterday. She was my age. She never had children. Once she told me that having children was something she was supposed to do in her 30s and it just didn't happen. Because she edited a few of my books, I can attest that she was a brilliant editor and a lyrical writer. She was an editor for the LA Times. She was also a witty, kind, and thoughtful person.

She wrote a beautiful book. It took her several years, but just recently it was picked up by Scholastic Books. It will be published in the spring of 2017. I'm so sad that she won't get to see it on people's book shelves.

I really think that we only have a few chances at immortality--having our essence live beyond our death. One of them is our children, Another is art. Inventions could also be placed in that circle.

I believe it's the Boy Scouts who say leave only footsteps behind, but I'm glad that someone like my friend has words that she's leaving for the rest of us. And I'm oh so grateful I have children.

Forever – is composed of Nows – (690)

Forever – is composed of Nows –
‘Tis not a different time –
Except for Infiniteness –
And Latitude of Home –

From this – experienced Here –
Remove the Dates – to These –
Let Months dissolve in further Months –
And Years – exhale in Years –

Without Debate – or Pause –
Or Celebrated Days –
No different Our Years would be
From Anno Dominies –

(Do you wonder what Anno Dominies means? I did, so I looked it up. It's Latin for "in the year of our Lord" or A.D. as opposed to B.C.)


1 comment: