Sunday, December 16, 2012

A Writer's Widget

“Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it.”  Lloyd Alexander



Date
Time
Writing/Editing
Time
             Marketing
Costs
Sales























































































































        


In an effort to understand why some days I sell books and some days I don’t, I’ve created a widget. I know it can’t answer all of my questions, but my goal is track my tries… so I don’t feel like I’m wasting time. I know I can’t control the who, whys and wheres of my book sales, but I can account for my time, money, and words. Hence the widget. 







4 comments:

  1. Oh! Like a spreadsheet. Is there anything beyond the "Sales" column?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you should ask. Originally I had and end column for "thoughts" but it didn't fit, so it got cut. I'm sure others more business minded will think this rudimentary, but I'm a basic business kind of gal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks very useful. My New Year's Resolution is to use the marketing, costs and sales columns :)

    ReplyDelete