Thursday, January 19, 2012

Book Cover






I made a cover for my new novel A Ghost of a Second Chance. I’d love to hear your opinions, although I’m not sure they will sway me. I’m in love with my cover, partly because looking at it reminds me of that late afternoon in Laguna. Every time I look at these pictures I’m reminded of the people I love who came with me to this place I love, to take pictures for the story I love and how amazingly wonderful it is that I have so much love in my life

I know that my connections to the story, the time and place, and the people in these photos are unique to me. No one else will be as moved by them. No one else will ever have the same tie because they didn't make the same emotional investment. But yesterday a stranger told me how much she loved my book and that gives me a tiny glimmer that maybe I’ve shared a smidgen of the magic.

And that makes it all worth it.

11 comments:

  1. I like it! I'm glad you do too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your book cover, too. It has a great deal of appeal. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristy,

    I LOVE your book cover. I have no connection to the place and yet it reaches out and grabs me and makes me want to know about the people who live in the house. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it but, you know..
    We should have taken a picture of your toe. I'm glad you remember the experience fondly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an outstanding cover. I'd love to go there not to mention read about who lives there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it. No worries about being swayed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is simply beautiful. I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like it. Can't wait to see what that little tower has to do with Bette and Odious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way cool tower! Love the muted colors.

    ReplyDelete